RandomTrees was recognized along with 19 other companies as a winner in the Government of India’s Startup India-Agriculture Grand Challenge for its innovative Price Forecasting concept and idea. Over 2000 companies participated and RandomTrees was recognized for its Price Forecast Domain.
Agriculture Grand Challenge takes up the initiative of doubling farmer’s income by supporting startups. It brings together the best minds & best tech solutions to solve the largest and most pressing problems of Indian Agriculture. Ministry of Agriculture, Govt. of India (GOI) was looking for new concepts & innovations with a commercially viable solution to solve for nationwide wicked challenges in the agriculture sector.
An exclusive opportunity for Agri-tech startups with a commercially viable solution to solve for innovative challenges in the sector. Ministry of Agriculture, Govt. of India was looking for new concepts & innovations. Their objective is to support the technology base by funding the best fundamental concepts while helping talented and creative innovations to pursue promising avenues at the frontier of the technology. This in turn will provide startups with access to priority infrastructure, and make Agriculture an attractive sector for the country’s best brains.
The company was represented by our Director Srinivas Cheraku, and Radhika Palisetti our Data Science Engineer who presented their ideas for the challenge before the members.
Incubation Partners – We had the opportunity of meeting and interacting with various people present at the event. Various perspectives and ideas were exchanged. We also had the chance to meet Dr. Mrutyunjay Suar, CEO of KIIT – TBI and Mohammad Azhar & Sayantani Mukerjee from Villgro who were our incubation partners and Qualcomm the technology partner of the challenge. As a perk of our victory we will receive incubation support for three months including mentorship, domain guidance and a demo-day with Agri Investors. Furthermore, we are enthusiastic about the doorways, introductions and interactions with ideal government and public institutions, initiatives and ecosystem players through which we can participate and contribute to the grand vision of the nation.
Sangam Ventures, TIE Delhi, A New Venture etc were also present and provided us with inputs and advice.
A huge shout-out to Invest India & Startup India team – Pratham Varshey, Kritika Singh, Diksha Nigam, Kashika Gera for all their support!
Advisors from Ministry of Agriculture:
- Shri Sanjay Agarwal, Secretary, Ministry of Agriculture
- Sh Dinesh Kumar, JS (MIDH), Ministry of Agriculture
- Sh Shibendu Ray, Director (MNCFC) Ministry of Agriculture
- Dr. Wasnik, Ministry of Agriculture
- Sh P.K Swain, JS (Marketing), Ministry of Agriculture
- Smt Neeraja Adidam, JS (INM), Ministry of Agriculture
- Smt Chavvi Jha, JS (RKVY), Ministry of Agriculture
- Sh Ashwani Kumar, JS (M&T), Ministry of Agriculture
- Sh B Pradhan, AS & FA (DAC & FW), Ministry of Agriculture
- Sh Devesh Chaturvedi, AS (DAC & FW), Ministry of Agriculture
- Sh Ashish Bhutani CEO (PMFBY), Ministry of Agriculture
- Dr Neeru Bhooshan, IARI, Ministry of Agriculture
- Sh Dushyant Tyagi, Senior Consultant, Ministry of Agriculture
- Smt Shilpa Mehta, Senior Consultant (ITC) Ministry of Agriculture